Find the perfect match for a great night’s sleep
Sleeping on a quality latex mattress which supports your back makes a world of difference. Too often, people suffer from poor sleep, backaches, and discomfort due to a mattress that isn’t right for them. But choosing the right mattress for you can be difficult.
In this article, we’ll cover the absolute basics you should look for in a new latex mattress and some additional bonuses which help people with particular sleep-types. Read on to find out more, and get one step closer to a dreamy night’s of sleep.
At Sleep Republic, we’ve created a hybrid mattress with comfort layers of latex and gel-infused memory foam with up to 2250 high definition pocket springs. It’s a winning combination (we have the BedBuyer award to prove it), and our customers experience luxurious sleep, free from aches and pains.
Size is everything
Choosing the right size latex mattress is crucial for a good night’s sleep. You’ll need to work to the size of the room the mattress will live in, but in general, you should choose a size with 10cm extra in height. Most Australian mattresses come in these sizes:
- Single: 92 x 188 cm
- Long single: 92 x 203 cm
- King single: 107 x 203 cm
- Double: 137 x 188 cm
- Queen: 152 x 203 cm
- King: 183 x 203 cm
Choose a latex mattress with the right comfort layers
You need to look below the surface to find a high quality latex mattress. Sometimes, manufacturers create products which look great on the outside, but are filled with materials which have been treated with chemicals.
Make sure you purchase a mattress which has been made with natural latex. Natural latex is harvested from rubber trees, and has a lower environmental footprint than many other foam products. It’s rarely treated with any other chemicals, so it’s a great solution for buyers who have chemical sensitivity or allergies.
Other comfort layers to look for include:
- Pocket sprint support: Nothing beats a pocket spring system as a strong and supportive base. At Sleep Republic, we’ve worked out how to fit the maximum amount of high definition pocket springs into one mattress to provide targeted support.
- Gel-infused memory foam: Where normal memory foam can overheat sleepers, gel-infused memory foam provides contour and support while keeping you cool.
- 3D spacer fabric: A product which knits different fibres together, this comfort layer makes sure your mattress stays ventilated — so your latex mattress will last you for years and years.
- Edge support: Have you ever experienced that sagging effect when you lean out of bed? With high tensile steel spring edging, you will feel supported on any part of your mattress.
Which type of firmness should you choose?
Depending on how you sleep at night, and whether you have particular concerns about your back, you should always choose a medium-to-firm mattress. Soft mattresses are great, they feel so comfortable to sleep on — but they can really damage your back in the long run.
The only problem is, mattresses vary widely in firmness. Should you choose a very solid mattress or one with a little bit of give? To find the best mattress firmness for you, you should choose one that matches your sleeping style.
If you sleep on your:
- Front: You need a firmer mattress to support your whole body and keep your spine aligned.
- Back: You need a medium-to-firm mattress paired with a smaller pillow so you can keep your neck aligned with your back.
- Side: You’ll need a firm mattress base, paired with a mattress topper (or comfort layer) which is soft, so your hips are cushioned as you sleep.
Choose the right mattress for your budget
You don’t need to spend a fortune to get the perfect mattress for you. Not too long ago, people would opt for a spring-loaded mattress from a department store, but now you can access mattresses in a box. And because companies are saving on storefront costs, these mattresses are often more affordable — yet of the same, if not higher, quality.
At Sleep Republic, we also have flexible finance options. You can choose to split your mattress order into interest free payments. We have:
- Afterpay: Split your order into four fortnightly payments
- Zip: Access up to $2,000, interest free.
- SplitIt: Use your existing credit card to pay over time.
Choose a mattress from a company which delivers
If you’ve chosen the perfect latex mattress for you, with pocket spring support and comfort layers, your mattress is going to be on the heavy side. That’s why it’s always a good idea to choose a company which can deliver your mattress to your home.
Some companies may charge an arm and a leg for their delivery services, so make sure you check the fine print before you place an order. If you’re interested in free delivery, check out our delivery page at Sleep Republic. We believe every Australian deserves the perfect mattress, no matter where they are.
We’ve spent years perfecting our hybrid mattress, and we’re happy to say our product has helped sleepers all over Australia get the best night’s sleep. Check out our mattress to see what all the hype is about!